Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation Bible School

Early in June, we had VBS at our church and it was a lot of fun. Just like last summer, I led a big group of preschoolers (two being my own). In my humble opinion, this by far is the toughest group to lead. My memory is short, hence two years in a row. For all the extra work those sweet babes need it is always a huge payoff spending the time with them and seeing how much they learn and have fun in our wild week of VBS.

This was A's last year at our church for VBS since she finished 5th grade. She is already looking forward to helping next year though. She always had her hand up during assembly and was usually the one who recited the memory verse for the day. Toward the end of the week, the director asked for someone to pray and A was the only one who volunteered.

On a side note, over the years I have heard many prayers A has given in front of a large group and I am always struck with how brave she is and how the words she speaks comes right from her heart and seemingly so easily. One of the reasons I admire her so much for doing it is because I am not sure I could have done that and do not recall volunteering to voice a group prayer when I was a child. It warms my heart and I just love seeing her stand up for Him without hesitation.

I do not have a picture of A at VBS but here are MK and W having a blast at Cosmic City VBS!




No comments: