At this rate, it will be February 1st before I list all the New Year's resolutions I will not be able to keep. I am all about keeping it in order so I have to go back to Christmas Day!
Here is A with some of her favorites.
MK was so excited Santa brought the things she asked for.
W loved the bicycle he hoped for and why wouldn't he?... it suits him. He will not have the training wheels on this bicycle long.
I have made chocolate-chip pancakes in the past for breakfast but it was a unanimous decision that we have the leftover lemon cake from Christmas Eve. We all had simplicity in mind .... or was it playing with presents. They played with their gifts until lunch and then we went outside for more bike riding.I noticed the last remaining pecans on the tree. At that point, we had 82.5 POUNDS already but after working so hard to keep the crows and squirrels away I thought we should collect them all and share them with human beings who might enjoy them and not hord them away in a tree or rudely eat them and discard shells all over the driveway and yard. D was willing to reach to the highest branches with a pole and shower the rest of the pecans so we could collect them. There was another five pounds and that should do it.
After we went inside, we all had a much needed Christmas afternoon nap.Since every store and restaurant were closed for the only day of the year, we decided we needed to go out. Even with groceries at home, the hunt for an open restaurant was pretty exciting. We discovered IHOP was open Christmas Day, along with the other 200 people there. We waited and it went surprisingly quick. We enjoyed a great dinner, which was a bit of a surprise since we marked them off our list several years ago.
After having such a remarkable dinner, and since we were all so rested, we headed off to find the best Christmas lights displays and we had a great time.
To sum it all up, Santa did not disappoint anyone, the pecan harvest of 2008 is over, we rediscovered a pancake place and we were together. We played, laughed and just enjoyed being together for a special Christmas.
Today, Granny and Grandfather (my mom and dad) met us part of the way for lunch and we picked our A up. We are glad she is home and we are all together again! We missed her smiling face.
To Be Continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment